Monday, October 31, 2016

[WIP] HG Unicorn Gundam (Unicorn Mode) WIP 3

It's been 10 months since I last worked on this. I've put this project on hold for quite a few reasons. 
1.) This project required some painting to deal with the light bleeding and to make the kit look better.
2.) I didn't have the right size of LED I wanted to use.
3.) I haven't worked out a plan how to pace and wire the LED.

Obviously, there has been some improvements with this project hence the update.
After working on so many other kits, I think I've thought of a way how to light the kit. 



For the head part, I'm using 0603 SMD LEDs. These are white LEDs and I just painted them with clear paints to get the color I need. Here I used Tamiya clear green. The number of coats depend on how intense the required color.



The chest part was one of the easiest part to do since it just needed minimal cutting to make space inside. I used 3528 SMD LED here because the I need to light up a big bit of seam here. The consequence here would be the ugly light bleeding which would be fixed by painting.



Next thing I worked on would be one of the hardest parts of the project, the legs. I had to do multiple trials to get the appropriate LED positions to get the lighting I wanted.

So far the pieces look a bit dirty due to the black paints I put on the insides to deal with the light bleeding. This will still be cleaned up and painted. Hopefully by the next blog update I've finished wiring the whole kit so this project can proceed to the painting phase. I'm still unable to do paint sessions due to busy work-life stuff so I might have to commission the painting for this.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to MechTalyer. My personal space for everything Gunpla.

Search

Popular Posts

Followers

Categories

1/100 (5) 100 (7) 144 (10) 2017 (4) air compressor (2) airbrush (6) amazing red warrior (2) anubis (1) avalanche (1) bandai (9) barbatos (1) base (5) blog (1) bsc (1) community (2) completed (1) conversion (2) custom (18) daban (3) decals (1) destiny (1) display (7) dragon momoko (10) event (1) exia (4) expo (2) flying base r (1) geirail (1) GMKC (2) guide (1) gundam (21) gunpla (24) gunpla builders den (2) haro (1) hazel custom (1) hg (8) hobby (11) IBO (1) jesta cannon (1) kamil (30) kotobukiya (1) led (38) led unit (1) magic toys (1) master grade (11) meetup (1) metal build (5) MG (25) mod (25) monoeye (1) nu (4) others (2) paint (7) pearl gloss (1) peg (1) phenex (4) philippines (4) qan[t] (2) random (7) review (15) RG (6) rx78 (2) setup (1) shia (2) sinanju (1) site (1) star build strike (2) stickers (1) strike freedom (8) tthongli (2) tutorial (6) unicorn (5) upgrade (1) vintage (2) wing expansion effect (1) wing zero custom (1) wip (36) zaku (2) zaku 2 (3)

Statistics

Powered by Blogger.