Wednesday, October 26, 2016

[WIP] Mechanical Chain Base LED custom wip 2

So the much awaited component for this project finally arrived. Which is the LED holder for my 3mm LEDs.


My first LED build for the Mechanical Chain bases required too much work specially soldering the SMD LEDs, that's why I decided to use 3mm LEDs. Initially, the 3mm LEDs looked a bit too big for the bases but with the LED holders, They look a bit more in scale and the LED holders help blend the lights to the base.


I just ripped the old circuit out and enlarged the existing holes to fit the LED+holder.


Using bigger LEDs also made wiring easier, though it's not as clean as I wanted it to be, what's more important was that it looked good in front.



I'll also be expanding the bases so it could fit 1/100 kits. I'm currently planning on how to light up the other walls of my Mechanical chain base, hopefully by that time I've already bought more bases. I'm planning to do a 4x4x4 display base.

  1 comment:

Welcome

Welcome to MechTalyer. My personal space for everything Gunpla.

Search

Popular Posts

Followers

Categories

1/100 (5) 100 (7) 144 (10) 2017 (4) air compressor (2) airbrush (6) amazing red warrior (2) anubis (1) avalanche (1) bandai (9) barbatos (1) base (5) blog (1) bsc (1) community (2) completed (1) conversion (2) custom (18) daban (3) decals (1) destiny (1) display (7) dragon momoko (10) event (1) exia (4) expo (2) flying base r (1) geirail (1) GMKC (2) guide (1) gundam (21) gunpla (24) gunpla builders den (2) haro (1) hazel custom (1) hg (8) hobby (11) IBO (1) jesta cannon (1) kamil (30) kotobukiya (1) led (38) led unit (1) magic toys (1) master grade (11) meetup (1) metal build (5) MG (25) mod (25) monoeye (1) nu (4) others (2) paint (7) pearl gloss (1) peg (1) phenex (4) philippines (4) qan[t] (2) random (7) review (15) RG (6) rx78 (2) setup (1) shia (2) sinanju (1) site (1) star build strike (2) stickers (1) strike freedom (8) tthongli (2) tutorial (6) unicorn (5) upgrade (1) vintage (2) wing expansion effect (1) wing zero custom (1) wip (36) zaku (2) zaku 2 (3)

Statistics

Powered by Blogger.