Monday, January 30, 2017

[RANDOM] Toy Photographer Wannabe

Been down with some cough and colds this past week. Literally slept the whole weekend off so I didn't get to work on anything. 

Now I'm feeling a bit better but still not up to going back to sniffing paint or soldering lead. So instead I tried to do some toy photography with my kits.

Damn... Cameras really do add 10 lbs. :P


The setup. Don't have any fancy equipment. But my laptop hooked to my tv for the background works just as well. Also I can easily change backgrounds as fast as my internet loads them. :P Also I'm using just my phone, a Samsung S6 as the camera, set to auto. :P The kits I used here are the RG Sinanju ans HG Unicorn Destroy Mode.




Those are some of the best shots I got. It's was hard to get a good shot of the Sinanju specially when I want to focus on its thrusters (because whats the point of lighting them up if they're not shown right :P). 

The shots are not edited in any way, just cropped and trimmed the edges. I don't like editing my pics. 


This is the inspiration for this photoshoot. This is a scene from both the OVA and the series. Episode 2 in the OVA and Episode 5 in the series.

Close enough.

The RG Sinanju's waist was really weak making posing difficult. The HG Unicorn was a tight build so posing wasn't an issue but as can be seen in the pics there are already areas where the LEDs stopped working. I might have broken a connection somewhere. Unfortunately, it's really hard to troubleshoot these kinds of issues once the kit was already fully assembled. Overall it was a very satisfying experience since I was able to get good shots. I'll have to do this more often.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to MechTalyer. My personal space for everything Gunpla.

Search

Popular Posts

Followers

Categories

1/100 (5) 100 (7) 144 (10) 2017 (4) air compressor (2) airbrush (6) amazing red warrior (2) anubis (1) avalanche (1) bandai (9) barbatos (1) base (5) blog (1) bsc (1) community (2) completed (1) conversion (2) custom (18) daban (3) decals (1) destiny (1) display (7) dragon momoko (10) event (1) exia (4) expo (2) flying base r (1) geirail (1) GMKC (2) guide (1) gundam (21) gunpla (24) gunpla builders den (2) haro (1) hazel custom (1) hg (8) hobby (11) IBO (1) jesta cannon (1) kamil (30) kotobukiya (1) led (38) led unit (1) magic toys (1) master grade (11) meetup (1) metal build (5) MG (25) mod (25) monoeye (1) nu (4) others (2) paint (7) pearl gloss (1) peg (1) phenex (4) philippines (4) qan[t] (2) random (7) review (15) RG (6) rx78 (2) setup (1) shia (2) sinanju (1) site (1) star build strike (2) stickers (1) strike freedom (8) tthongli (2) tutorial (6) unicorn (5) upgrade (1) vintage (2) wing expansion effect (1) wing zero custom (1) wip (36) zaku (2) zaku 2 (3)

Statistics

Powered by Blogger.