Tuesday, November 8, 2016

[WIP] HG Shia Qan[T] WIP 1


So I saw this kit, the HGBF Gundam OO Shia Qan[T], in one of the toy stores and those clear parts just kept calling to me. And since it was on sale, I decided to get one and try to light it up.

I don't plan on painting this kit, maybe just a flat coat afterwards, since I'm considering this as a minor project since I kind of feel exhausted with the ones I'm currently working on.(actually I'm just tired of thinking how to wire those kits... :P)

I started working on various pieces. I don't plan on finishing any specific section first. Just trying to wire up all pieces first.

One of the first pieces I worked on was the leg areas. I initially thought it would be easy and straightforward since there was plenty of space inside the lower legs but I found out there wasn't really any place behind the clear part to place the LED. 1.) The area behind the clear piece is occupied by the knee joint so there's no way I can place the LED there without sacrificing the knee articulation. 2.) I didn't want to place the LED directly behind the clear piece because aside from poorly lighting up the big clear piece, it would also create a bright dot that doesn't look well with the effect I wanted.


Instead of directly behind the clear piece, what I did was drill a hole, the same size as the LED, on the edge of the area covered by the clear piece. In this case, it's the edge of the foil sticker.


The effect was way better than I expected. Though I'm not sure why it appears that the foil sticker isn't reflecting any light towards the clear piece.


And since I'm already working on the leg area, I decided to finish working on the legs and work on wiring through the knee joints. The knee joint has a unique construction and luckily, there was enough room to pass through the wires

One of the tricky parts of this kit was the arm areas since there are 2 areas that need to be lit up and that there wasn't much space inside to work with. What made it much harder was that one of the clear pieces is on the joint itself.



Same with the leg piece, I placed the LED on the edge of the clear part so it light up from the edges.


This shot was taken with the low brightness setting to simulate how the piece would actually look like in personal. I guess it can't be helped with the bright spots where the LED is.



I've also finished working on the GN Sword. For this I used a 3mm LED filed ti fit inside the part.


Here's a shot of the rear skirt piece. I'm really liking the effect it gives on the blueparts. I'm only using white LED.

Next thing I worked on was the GN binder. This I think will be the hardest section of this kit.




Wiring the individual sections of the GN binder wasn't really hard. I just have to plan accordingly where the wires would be coming from to help prepare when putting them all together.



The GN sword bits would have to be the hardest part to light up. There are too many tiny pieces packed together. I may have found a way to light it up but I ended up having too much wires coming out of the part. I'll have to plan how to manage those wirings.


Since it appears that I'm done working on the lower body of the kit, I decided to assemble it for now to see how it would look like. And I'm really liking the effect on the blue parts. Hope it continues to look good throughout the project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to MechTalyer. My personal space for everything Gunpla.

Search

Popular Posts

Followers

Categories

1/100 (5) 100 (7) 144 (10) 2017 (4) air compressor (2) airbrush (6) amazing red warrior (2) anubis (1) avalanche (1) bandai (9) barbatos (1) base (5) blog (1) bsc (1) community (2) completed (1) conversion (2) custom (18) daban (3) decals (1) destiny (1) display (7) dragon momoko (10) event (1) exia (4) expo (2) flying base r (1) geirail (1) GMKC (2) guide (1) gundam (21) gunpla (24) gunpla builders den (2) haro (1) hazel custom (1) hg (8) hobby (11) IBO (1) jesta cannon (1) kamil (30) kotobukiya (1) led (38) led unit (1) magic toys (1) master grade (11) meetup (1) metal build (5) MG (25) mod (25) monoeye (1) nu (4) others (2) paint (7) pearl gloss (1) peg (1) phenex (4) philippines (4) qan[t] (2) random (7) review (15) RG (6) rx78 (2) setup (1) shia (2) sinanju (1) site (1) star build strike (2) stickers (1) strike freedom (8) tthongli (2) tutorial (6) unicorn (5) upgrade (1) vintage (2) wing expansion effect (1) wing zero custom (1) wip (36) zaku (2) zaku 2 (3)

Statistics

Powered by Blogger.