Tuesday, November 29, 2016

[WIP] Petit'gguy LED Mod WIP 1

Working on the MG Phenex was really starting to stress me out. So I decided to a little side project to release some stress.


I've had this Petit'gguy for quite some time now but didn't know what to do in terms of lighting it up. I originally wanted to just light the eyes up but I think it would look creepy specially in the night.

So in line with the cute theme of this kit, I wanted to make it either blush or glow in the heart. For the Petit'gguy, I think the blush effect would be easier to do since that big head makes a lot of room.



First thing I did was paint the insides of the part black. This is to prevent light bleeding. I had to apply multiple coats to make sure no amount of light will show. 

Once the insides have been painted, it's now time to clean off the areas where we want the light to bleed. For this project, I made a spot on each cheek to simulate the blushing.


Then its time to install the LEDs. using only 1 LED looked a bit too dim for me so I used 2 LEDs and pointed them directly at the light bleed points. I only used blutack here for now since this current setup is temporary.

Once that's done we can close the 2 halves of the head together.



The effect really looks good specially since the kit is already colored pink. This would definitely look better if it would have a fade in/out effect and a proximity sensor that would activate whenever someone is approaching the kit.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to MechTalyer. My personal space for everything Gunpla.

Search

Popular Posts

Followers

Categories

1/100 (5) 100 (7) 144 (10) 2017 (4) air compressor (2) airbrush (6) amazing red warrior (2) anubis (1) avalanche (1) bandai (9) barbatos (1) base (5) blog (1) bsc (1) community (2) completed (1) conversion (2) custom (18) daban (3) decals (1) destiny (1) display (7) dragon momoko (10) event (1) exia (4) expo (2) flying base r (1) geirail (1) GMKC (2) guide (1) gundam (21) gunpla (24) gunpla builders den (2) haro (1) hazel custom (1) hg (8) hobby (11) IBO (1) jesta cannon (1) kamil (30) kotobukiya (1) led (38) led unit (1) magic toys (1) master grade (11) meetup (1) metal build (5) MG (25) mod (25) monoeye (1) nu (4) others (2) paint (7) pearl gloss (1) peg (1) phenex (4) philippines (4) qan[t] (2) random (7) review (15) RG (6) rx78 (2) setup (1) shia (2) sinanju (1) site (1) star build strike (2) stickers (1) strike freedom (8) tthongli (2) tutorial (6) unicorn (5) upgrade (1) vintage (2) wing expansion effect (1) wing zero custom (1) wip (36) zaku (2) zaku 2 (3)

Statistics

Powered by Blogger.