Wednesday, November 23, 2016

[WIP] MG Phenex WIP 2

Just a short update here. So I've finally finished working on most of the MS. Mainly the limbs and some part of the waist area.


I did some fitting and lighting test to see how the kit would look like and I'm really pleased with the results. Though there are light spots in most areas, the armor parts would block and spread the spots more evenly.








I've also started putting on some of the armor parts and testing the transformation gimmick. Good thing everything works fine. Though some parts appear a bit brighter than the others, that's fine with  me.



Also put on the armor parts for the arms. I think that's the most you can close the armor parts.


Since this is a plated kit, It's going to be a fingerprint magnet. I'm going to have to use gloves whenever I want to display this after I'm done.


Since Bandai used white plastic for the base of the armor parts, nubs would appear really obvious here. And some nubs are really big which made it far worse. Unlike my MG Banshee Titanium Finish that was molded in black plastic, the nubs kind of blended easier since they already have the same shade and I didn't really have to do anything to fix it. In the MG Phenex, you really have to do something to fix these ugly nub marks. Maybe that's why they included that in the manual?


Another thing about this kit, despite it having so mach psychoframe parts molded in clear plastic, to think they left out 2 small pieces is unbelievable. I don't know why Bandai couldn't have easily included the eye and forehead pieces in the clear runners. So I'm going to try to recast these into clear pieces. Depending on how much time I have and materials available, I may try recasting these myself or have these commissioned.

Hopefully by the next update I'll have done more progress and maybe even finished the Armed Armor DE's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to MechTalyer. My personal space for everything Gunpla.

Search

Popular Posts

Followers

Categories

1/100 (5) 100 (7) 144 (10) 2017 (4) air compressor (2) airbrush (6) amazing red warrior (2) anubis (1) avalanche (1) bandai (9) barbatos (1) base (5) blog (1) bsc (1) community (2) completed (1) conversion (2) custom (18) daban (3) decals (1) destiny (1) display (7) dragon momoko (10) event (1) exia (4) expo (2) flying base r (1) geirail (1) GMKC (2) guide (1) gundam (21) gunpla (24) gunpla builders den (2) haro (1) hazel custom (1) hg (8) hobby (11) IBO (1) jesta cannon (1) kamil (30) kotobukiya (1) led (38) led unit (1) magic toys (1) master grade (11) meetup (1) metal build (5) MG (25) mod (25) monoeye (1) nu (4) others (2) paint (7) pearl gloss (1) peg (1) phenex (4) philippines (4) qan[t] (2) random (7) review (15) RG (6) rx78 (2) setup (1) shia (2) sinanju (1) site (1) star build strike (2) stickers (1) strike freedom (8) tthongli (2) tutorial (6) unicorn (5) upgrade (1) vintage (2) wing expansion effect (1) wing zero custom (1) wip (36) zaku (2) zaku 2 (3)

Statistics

Powered by Blogger.